Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sears (MPC) No. 49-59943 Battle Action Playset

Here's one of many impulse buys made during COVID lockdown last year! :-) It's a terrific, compact set made by MPC and sold through Sears. No year was listed but an educated guess puts this in the '70s. The set contains:

-Tank

-Weasel

-Missile Carrier

-Cannon

-Missile Pad

-6 Berbed-wire fence sections

-70 figures (al 60mm: 3 yellow ringhand drivers, 33 Dark OD G.I.s, 34 Germans)

-Booklet

The cannon is non-firing (the breech mechanism is so tight it only opens with a struggle)

The missiles are 'non-firing' but only require a small rubber band to make functional


I have yet to set this up and play with it but it's been such a busy year I just never got around to it.

Enjoy! Opa Fritz















3 comments:

  1. I have one if anyone is interested in buying it complete doomdr@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were made in 1982

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx! I updated my files to show the date. Without any catalogs it's hard for me to track down a lot of this stuff!

      Delete