Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

REL Cannon and Limber and Figures - Pt 1

Here's another vintage toy I took photos of a while back but never got around to posting: the REL Civil War Cannon and Limber. The limber is 5 1/2" (13.97cm) L X 3 1/4" (8.25cm) W. The cannon is 5 1/4" (13.33cm) L x 3 1/4" (8.25cm) W. This is kind of a cool piece but it ended up on the chopping block because...? I don't know why. It's just the right size to go well enough with my MPC 60mm ringhand Civil War stuff (the only detractor being those amorphous blobs of plastic REL pawned off as human figures). I think that, because it's my only REL toy, it feels out of place with the other ACW toys in the collection. These were really cheap toys back in the day and were actually quite nice - if you don't mind the figures. The cannon and limber are soft plastic and the horses and figures are hard plastic. The cannon is non-operating so there's a tad less play value when compared to other manufacturers. I took a gazillion photos of this thing so I'm a gonna break down the coverage into three posts. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

























I bought this set with the six figures shown here: 3 drivers and three holding rifles





4 comments:

  1. Don't think I've ever seen that before Ed, really nice little thing!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Hugh! I think I've got some loose REL Cowboys & Indians around here somewhere. I was going to sell them because they're very basic, unappealing critters :-) ummmm, but now I can't find them LOL

      Delete
  2. I might have a couple of mounted cavalry/ACW somewhere, they look like they are riding an orange?

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Rel horses don't look too bad, but their Cowboys and Indians were 'basic' to say the least

      Delete