Pages

Monday, July 25, 2022

CIRCUS TIME, TRAIN TIME: K-Line by Lionel 6-21466 Ringling Bros. 15in Aluminum Advertising Car (2007)

Sooo, like I said in yesterday's post, generally speaking there would be an advertising car that would go from town-to-town on a circus's itinerary and post placards, posters, brochures and whatever else was needed to advertise the coming of the circus. I imagine that in the modern era, advertising personnel would also engage radio stations and local newspapers as well. I've not seen any interior shots of a real advertising car but my guess is that it was basically a rolling graphics design studio and printing shop.

This K-Line by Lionel car was bought after the parade was already set up on the Edge of Town layout. Why? Because I had no idea anyone made a car like this until it ended up appearing in one of my 'circus car' searches! At 15" long, it's pretty much at the maximum length to fit comfortably on my Edge of Town micro layout but it does an okay job. Enjoy! Opa Fritz










No comments:

Post a Comment