Pages

Monday, February 13, 2023

MPC Teepees

So I'm out in The Cave taking photos and my mind starts to wander. Not unusual, but it usually means more work for me when it comes up with ideas for photo shoots. My MPC toys have been in the limelight again as I go through boxes and discover stuff. Being a big fan of MPC (or Multiple Toymakers or Miner Industries), a lot of their toys have sort of wandered into The Cave over the years and I get to noticing things. Like the teepees. Their first teepees consisted of a soft plastic frame over which a printed and cut vinyl sheet was stretched. Later teepees were cardboard pieces bent into shape and assembled via a tab-&-slot design. The later teepees were a product of the '70s when MPC started offering a lot of their detail pieces in cardboard vs. plastic. On the one hand, printed cardboard allowed for more colorful, realistic designs. On the other hand it was less durable and not always easy to bend into a nicely rounded shape, such as needed for covered wagon tops. Too often you ended up with an unsightly crease in the cardboard. Anywho, let's take a look at MPC's teepees. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

The frames are soft plastic and I have them in yellow and black.
They're 5" (12.70cm) H (if the frame is nice and straight) x 4 1/4" (10.79cm) diameter at the base

Shown here with one of MPC's 45mm figures



I did not disassemble this to scan as I was afraid of the cardboard cracking and coming apart - therefore photos were taken all around
It's 5 1/2" (13.97cm) H







No comments:

Post a Comment