Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2023

'THE STAMPEDE': Fun With Job Lot Finds and Playing With My Western Toys - Pt 3 Creating an Old West Town in The Computer Using Toys , Old Photos, and Photoshop

Basically, the diorama was finished but I sat at the computer thinking that it needed something else. First of all, that all-purpose backdrop I painted seven years ago and used for so many other photo shoots, just wasn't working for me. 


Looks nice enough, but for me doesn't evoke 'old west' quite yet

Through the years Bettina and I have taken a gazillion photos of the desert here in Nevada. This particular photo of Boulder City and the Lake Mead area, is actually fairly recent. It'll make a good 'nuff background.

Using Photoshop, I cut out the old backdrop

That's it! That's the look I'm after - yay!
I layered Bettina's photo behind the town and voila' Old West town

More to follow - finishing up in our next installment.

Enjoy! Opa Fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment