Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

REL Limber and Cannon Yellow-Black HP

I had posted a REL limber and cannon a couple of years ago nearly identical to this one - and then I sold it! That was stupid because at the time it didn't occur to me that these REL limbers are 60mm and would go great with my MPC and other 60mm American Civil War or Old West setup's! But it is what it is and past mistakes are being corrected. 

This REL limber and cannon is different in a couple of respects from that which was posted yesterday. This one came with two different driver/rider figures and it appears that this had a firing cannon. The barrel on yesterday's was a solid casting while this one is hollow and appears to have held a firing mechanism at one time. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

My set came with a crate but I'm not sure if it's REL. Anywho it makes a nice ammo crate.














The two figures are separate poses. One is a driver and the other is riding shotgun. 
REL figures are notoriously bad and their sculpts are sophomoric at best. Fortunately there are a host of manufacturers with decent sculpts to help flesh out a Western or ACW scene, however I would still use these for nostalgia's sake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment