Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2023

PIRATES: Battle For Fort Treasure - Pt 2 Final

After looking at the photos of this set-up I'm thinking to myself, "Meh" LOL I enjoyed messing around with the toys but at the same time the photos aren't what I'd hoped. But that's okay - this is the first time ever on the blog that a sea-born battle was waged and photographed. I'm going to need a different base with a bit more realistic looking water (not just a platform painted a flat sky blue) and different backdrops for more effective photography. That being said, here's the remaining pics from the photo shoot of Tim-Mee's Pirate Fortress Playset. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

The fort rests on a piece of green poster board simulating an island. Good 'nuff for playing but lousy for photography. I have a bunch of playset forts and castles in the collection as well as random sheets of Styrofoam laying around. I really need to take a look at what I can make for a proper castle/fort base


The smaller 45mm Tim-Mee figures look much better with the MPC boats than the MPC 60mm ringhands which would normally have come with them


The original MPC boats are colorful and toy like, whereas the repop's are brown or rust colored


A bird's eye view of the set-up. This table will be used for my Halloween and then Christmas train layouts in the coming weeks, but it needs more panels for the backdrop. I could also use some more landforms if I'm gonna do set-ups like these.
You can see that a plain, flat sky blue painted 'water' isn't all that great, but it's a step in the right direction.

The fort is about the same size as some of the Marx Fort Apache stockades. The 'island' took up the entire size of the green poster board and appears to be a decent size for it however, some of my castles are a bit wider and will need a larger base if I ever get around to making one.


No comments:

Post a Comment