Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2023

BREWERIANA: Shot Glass - Burg Berwartstein

As you can imagine, I have more German shot glasses than I do American ones as these are a very common type of souvenir over there (and we went to more places). This one is from Burg (castle) Berwartstein and is a memento of one of my favorite German castles. It was very close to my base at Zweibrücken and lay towards the southern end of the state of Rheinland-Pfalz. It's not a huge castle, having been built mainly as one of the castles used in the defense of the Palatinate. It's also not that fancy but it has one heck of a history, complete with robber barons and ghosts! During our last visit there, a very pregnant Bettina (pregnant with our second daughter) and I were walking all around to include the dungeons. The next day our daughter was born! 😆😆😆 Unfortunately I haven't yet gotten around to photographing any of the photos and postcards from this trip - just the shot glass. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Courtesy Wikipedia





No comments:

Post a Comment