Pages

Friday, September 13, 2024

Kleeware Knock-off Mini-Army Truck - Pt 3 Humber Type 2 Body Searchlight *** NOW IDENTIFIED AS TYPE 2C***

***THANX TO HUGH WALTER FOR IDENTIFYING THIS AS A TYPE 2C***


Hugh, here's one I didn't see in your photos. That comes as no surprise because, even after a cursory search for these mini-trucks/tanks/armor, it's plain to see there were about a million of them! As a fatter-of-mact, I'm expecting a couple of job lots to come in which will further show the diversity of these little gems. And I mean little gems because, just like all those tiny SpaceX/Golden Astronaut/LP/Imperial space toys that have been blogged here, these little pocket change toys were a God-send to kids with limited means or just as a quick bedroom floor toy mom could buy for Junior on rainy days. I remember having a set of small Lido Army vehicles that were cake toppers for one of my birthdays in the early '60s (those were blogged here in 2017) and somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind I seem to recall having toys similar to these. Anywho - Enjoy! Opa Fritz


Apparently these soft plastic trucks were not Kleeware but rather Kleeware knock-offs as Kleeware trucks were made in hard plastic. They were most likely made in Hong Kong by companies I generically refer to as "Mom & Pop, Inc. Kowloon Walled City, Hong Kong'











2 comments:

  1. Hi Ed, I did show a silver searchlight, as a 2C I think, but it's a very small image which doesn't improve much if you open it in a new tab! It's funny, I've just re-read the whole 'I Ton Humber' tag, and the 1's will need re-numbering, and I've now got mini China-marked current ones which I think are smaller than the 7, and will in time become Type 8! It never ends . . .

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "it never ends" Ain't it da truth! But it is fun, in a masochistic kind of way LOL

      Delete