This past 100 posts have been both a lot of work and a bit of a challenge. While trying to sort out the various figure sets offered by Forces of Valor / Unimax, they always seemed to throw me a curve ball. New sets - ones which are not listed in any of their literature - kept popping up out of the blue. Case-in-point is the set I now have on order and am waiting for. After looking at the photos in fleaBay it appears to have a piece - yup just one itsy bitsy detail piece - that hasn't appeared in any other set I know of! Had to order it! In addition was their chaotic, off-the-wall, haphazard packaging and set numbering decisions, making it difficult at times to sort out what it is they made and when they made it.
Overall though, the products inside the packing were pretty good. The biggest discrepancy people seem to point out are the hands. If you look at the figures, those guys have some big hands!! Other than that, what you got for the price when bought brand new back in the day, was a quality set at a great price.
So far, the series has covered 20 figure sets over 100 posts. Of that, seven sets were ones that I had unopened out in The Cave or bought new off of fleaBay. The remainder were ascertained from fleaBay sales, FOV flyers, and the back panel of the set boxes. Those are the ones I had to pull figures and accessories from my tote bins. Back in the day I had already bought nearly every set they made, tossed the boxes (no photos), and threw the pieces in several tote bins.
Ed
Here's a couple of the bins I used. The top one held all of the loose figures and bases while the bottom held some of the detail and terrain pieces - there originally was a third tote bin with more detail pieces.
I relied on fleaBay for pictures of the set packaging and contents. Whenever I determined what went into a set, I would pull from these bins and photograph the contents. Unfortunately, box photos usually aren't able to show the 'smalls' - the tiny detail pieces every set contained - so those were omitted from many of the posts.
As you can see there are still a bunch of left over figures and accessories from when I bought two or more of the same set to flesh out the army (plus a few job lots purchased when I was short a figure or accessory).
No comments:
Post a Comment