Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

New Moonscape Diorama / Display Board - Pt 2 Materials and Dimensions

The dimensions of the new diorama board were determined entirely by the materials already available. I already had a scrap piece of Masonite that measured 48" (121,92cm) x 38.5" (97,79cm) for the top and some odd-sized panels of 1" Styrofoam. All that was needed was something to frame the whole thing with. For that I went to the hardware store and bought a couple of lengths of that fake lumber stuff that's precut to resemble dimensional lumber. The 1"x2" material was just fine and after cutting to the desired length, was glued and nailed to the 1x2's. With the frame in place, I glued the Styrofoam panels to the top with Elmer's Wood Glue (also something I already had on hand). Sorry - there's no photos of that step.

Ed

4' x 38.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment