The recently completed Moonscape presented a big problem for me. What all do I start photographing on it??? It's a dilemma of too many choices. If you've followed the blog for any amount of time you know I have a lot of space toys. During the summer months The Cave is too uncomfortable to rummage around trying find things for a photo shoot, but a few quick and easy finds have now been brought out to the diorama base which resides in our living room and I can at least get some cool snaps taken. In all fairness, the temps outside are now hovering at a more comfortable 95° - 99°F so I can get a little work done out there.
Ed
The original purpose for building the Moonscape was to tell a story of Moon landings and building a colony using vintage toys as well as whatever modern stuff I think may work. Once the basic sequence of events was determined, it was apparent that it would be a challenge, but I'm determined to see it through. The problem is - how do I show space gear - like habitat modules, and vehicles - being unloaded from a spaceship? The toys I have in the collection aren't nearly big enough and a full sized mock-up would be ginormous but may be still doable some how. Anywho, here's today's pic.
I did some rough set-ups and this Moonscape can hold up to four of these Tri-ang Moon Base HQ's comfortably which are 10" overall in diameter. This photo is similar to one posted a couple of weeks ago but taken at a higher elevation.

No comments:
Post a Comment