Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Littletown Model No. 108 Gas Station

Okay, here's everything I know about Littletown: they were a series of plastic buildings made in the 1950s by the Unlimited Plastics Corporation for use on toy train layouts. I believe somewhere along the line they entered into a partnership with Kleeware of England to have the kits produced over there as well. The box says 'scaled to model railroads', most likely an indirect reference to Lionel's O-gauge trains but they shared a similar size to Bachmann's Plasticville line and Marx's Marxville line. However, Marx was really more relevant to S-gauge trains as the doors were all a lot smaller than Littletown and Plasticville. One day I hope to show some comparison shots of the three lines. The gas station measures 7" (17.8cm) W x 3 5/8" (9.2cm) D x 3" (7.6cm) H. I really like the lines of this station with that curved bay window office area and stepped roof line. This is my first Littletown building and perhaps I'll be able to add a few more to the collection one day. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina






Beautiful artwork on a pop-up counter display box



















No comments:

Post a Comment