Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

Giant of Hong Kong - Romans

Okay, I'm getting restless. I wanted to do space but instead started messing with my Giant of Hong Kong (and clones) stuff. I am no expert in Giant of Hong Kong but between 'Playset' magazine and Hugh Walter's 'Small Scale World' blog (featured in the panel to the right) there's enough info to fill in some of the knowledge gaps. GIANT was one of my favorite series of toys as a kid in the '60's and mom could go across the street to the store or to the drugstore and pick them up cheap. She would also take me to F.W. Woolworth's or W.T. Grant's dimestore's and we would get some there as well. GIANT offered, Romans, Vikings, Mongols, Medieval Knights, American Rev War, American Civil War, Old West Cowboys and Indians, WWII (or modern), and Space. Each series was generally small with only a few figures and a nice large set piece like a ship or castle or fort. We have featured a couple of fort sets before and I did do a photo essay on a Viking ship but then stopped, biding my time while the collection, and a desire to photograph it, gelled. So today we'll start with a quick look at their 'Roman' series. Now, I'm well aware that they may be Roman, or Spartan, or Greek but Giant sold them as Roman's and I'm gonna go with that! Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina








No comments:

Post a Comment