Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

2019-11-16 & 17 Nellis Aviation Nation Air Show - Bettina's Pics

#aviationnation

Well, the 2019 Aviation Nation Air Show at Nellis AFB has come and gone. Normally they're held every two years with the last one being held in 2017. After having gone to these since 1997 when they first started up here at Nellis I've only missed a couple.Unfortunately, this was one of those shows I could've missed with no problem. I understand people like to see the fancy stuff in the Air Force inventory and watch them go through their paces, but, ummmm, but, well hell, quite frankly this was the weakest air show yet! There, I said it!

- Less static displays
- An almost non-existent showing of vintage aircraft (2 flyers, two static display)
- A feeble 'Heritage' Flight
- No visiting aerial demonstration teams. The Thunderbirds are stationed at Nellis so they're at every air show - that doesn't count!
- and once again music and narration so damn loud it hurt the ears - LITERALLY!

You know, I get that I've become a grumpy old man, but really I know a thing or two having 'been around the block' more than a few times. I may not make the next air show due to age, infirmary, or death and it was a shame that this thing could be my last memory of an air show here at Nellis.

Well, there you have it. Today's pics were taken by Bettina. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina























No comments:

Post a Comment