Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Diener Space Station 1

Here's a set I bought quite some time ago and quite frankly just wasn't too thrilled with it. Why? Wellll, it's not like the sculpting is bad or the cardboard cut-outs aren't cool, it's just that after many years of collecting toys I just can't get into the loosey-goosey, floppy rubber toy thing. These are all made from a very soft, rubbery type plastic that doesn't appeal to me. Had they been made of a harder polystyrene plastic or polypropylene type plastic I would be okay with them. As it was I sold the set last year! There are 12 figures measuring 2" (2.54cm) H and 4 spaceships which range from 1 1/2" - 3" (3.81cm - 7.62cm).

I do however like the cardboard accessories that came with the set so in the meantime you can enjoy the photos and perhaps assemble your own space gear from the scans. NOTE: some of these were scanned on a large format scanner because the set pieces were too wide to fit on a Letter/A4 sized scanner. What that means is, if you print them out on a regular Letter/A4 sized scanner you'll end up with smaller than original prints. I just haven't had time to assemble any of these yet - someday (my mother used to say "Someday never comes, do it now" hmmmm maybe I should huh?)  Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

























No comments:

Post a Comment