Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Ed's Travelogue: George AFB Base Chapel Move July 1979

Next in my "Ed's Travelogue" series is this innerestin' little tidbit. The old chapel on George AFB was a short distance away from our dorms - right across the street from our parking lot to be exact. While I didn't sit and watch the movers as they wrestled with this thing and didn't take any photos, I do remember seeing the structure sitting on top of its trailer. Kind of fascinating to be sure. It was the second time I had seen a building move of this sort. The first time was a big old mansion that had to be moved off the grounds of the University Of Wisconsin - Milwaukee grounds. I would pass it every day on the way to school and thought it was cool. Anywho, I wonder if this chapel is still in existence in hesperia?? Enjoy! Opa Fritz













No comments:

Post a Comment