Back in 2017 I posted a bunch of Ideal HP Army vehicles, but since then the collecting has gone dormant even though I was short a piece or two in the collection - I am easily distracted. Until the other day when, in a nice bit of synchronicity, I came across this silver HP version of Ideal's Mobile Canteen. I posted the OD one back in 2017 and about a week ago a fellow collector on facebook posted his OD version. Welll, after that I did a quick search in fleaBay and what should pop up? This silver version!! I didn't even realize Ideal made these in silver! Way cool. So, yeah, I bought it - and it helps that the price was decent.
The truck measures 5" (12,70cm) L x 2 1/8" (5,39cm) W x 2 1/8" (5,39cm) H and normally would have a standing driver figure in the cab, but that's missing from my example. Both side doors slide open and the rear doors open as on a real panel van. Speaking of panel vans, I haven't even begun to try and figure out if this was based on a real one or is a fantasy design by Ideal.
Ed
No comments:
Post a Comment