Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2026

What Got Me Started on The Lord of The Rings: 'The Hobbit' Paperback Book - 1967 Edition

I got quite the surprise this week when, after my grand daughter came home from school, told me they were reading 'The Hobbit' in her 7th grade English class! Whoa - how cool. She knows how much I'm into the LOTR and was excited for that, but also because she's really liking the book. My foray into the world of Middle Earth didn't come until college when the assignment was set in my freshman year in 1971. After reading it I wanted more!!!

I don't normally rely on photos from anywhere on the Internet as my sole source for a blog post, but the photo shown here was culled from fleaBay as my original paperback copy of 'The Hobbit' is long since gone. This 1967 edition is the one I would've read as there were multiple printings and the cover art didn't change until some years later.

Ed



No comments:

Post a Comment