Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2022

CIRCUS TIME: 29 May 1992 The Carson and Barnes Circus at Nellis AFB - Pt 1 The Set-up (Roll 1)

Soooo, one Friday (it was on 29 May 1992 while on leave I was here at Nellis AFB in Lost Wages, NV - probably shopping at the BX and Commissary) I beheld an interesting and wondrous sight. There was a large open lot upon which were many trucks lettered for the Carson and Barnes Circus!! They hadn't yet done much when I drove by so I rushed home (living not far from the air base) to get my camera. Fortunately I was able to get these photos of most of the action involved with setting up the tent and circus. I took a lot of photos and will share the next roll of film in my next installment. The actual performance would be the next day, Saturday 30 May, but I have to say watching what goes into preparing a large circus for was fascinating - this was a blast!!! Enjoy! Opa Fritz





















2 comments:

  1. Seeing the tentage come out of a not-small lorry inn a huge roll, makes you wonder where and how they make the tentage, somewhere there must be a vast covered-warehouse with a work-table the size of a football pitch (either rules), with people all over it on their knees, working massive sail-cloth needles while button-thread rolls feed down from the ceiling . . . or that how I picture it now!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never actually thought about it but that's a darn good point Hugh! I belong to several circus-related fb groups and will have to pose the question

      Delete