Pages

Friday, October 21, 2022

SunnySide ('SS') Set No. SS707-12D Limited Classic Transporter 2

My how flime ties when you're having fun - been so busy with trains out in The Cave I totally forgot I had a blog. While I'm not quite through with circus posts quite yet, now seems like as good a time as any to start a whole new series. For now until - well, maybe forever - we're gonna look at a series of trucks, cars, and busses in 1/43 scale from a Chinese company called 'SunnySide' (or Sunny Side, or 'SS'). I'm not exactly sure when these hit the American market but I remember them as being some of my earliest train-related purchases back in 1991-92 as the need for vehicles to go with my budding interest in O-gauge trains began to take hold. The set box featured here today is exactly how I remember buying these cars at a local hobby shop - one just picked whichever truck they liked and paid a couple of dollars for it(honestly, the price back then eludes me now). Enjoy! Opa Fritz

There were twelve vehicles in the box: 10 trucks, a van, and an automobile. The set is labeled 'Transporter 2' which begs the question: was there a 'Transporter 1' set?

9 of the trucks are of the stake-bed variety and are based on the 1930 Ford Model A. As you can see by the packaging, while pictures of the vehicles on the box, they are not assigned item numbers. The box lid is designed to be an open display box but I'm afraid to bend it as it may end up coming apart

The individual trucks as contained in this box will covered one at a time in the upcoming posts








No comments:

Post a Comment