Pages

Friday, June 16, 2017

Thomas Toy Road Roller / Grader - OD HP

Somehow I've seem to have gathered a lot of Army construction related vehicles. I've already got a couple of smaller road rollers (or road graders, whichever you prefer) but this one is a bit larger measuring 4 1/4" (10.79cm) L x 2 1/4" (5.71cm) W x 2 5/8" (6.66cm) H. I don't know if this was patterned after a real life road roller or if it was generic but the toy appears to be of '50s origin. Judging by the sticker on the side of the motor housing there apparently was a pull-back motor installed at one time but that's long since gone. I would say that this thing would fit in nicely with 54mm / 1/32 scale Little Green Army Men and would make a nice construction display like let's say either after the battle rebuilding or jpreparing the training grounds with new roads. I know, I know, it's not terribly exciting but units like the Army Corps of Engineers and construction battalions play a vital role in the military and even in the aftermath of natural disasters. I'll be pulling out a few more of these larger sized Army vehicles as well as continuing our look at the smaller stuff as we did in the past year so hang in there readers, more to come! Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina




'THOMAS ROLLER'



















No comments:

Post a Comment