Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Lyrid Meteor Shower

Soooo, yesterday about 11PM I'm in bed trying to get to sleep and having no luck. Bettina wasn't having any luck either and was outside trying to get a few pics of the Moon. All of a sudden I hear her yelling, "FRITZ COME HERE YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!" So I amble out to the patio and we both see these odd moving light in the sky. At first I thought they were helicopters, BUT THEN we started seeing more and more, all across the sky. Okay this is Las Vegas, supposedly a hot bed of UFO activity (although none that we've ever noticed) so that was the first thing that came to mind. But no, that wasn't right. Then she says something about some kind of meteor shower. Then it struck me, yes I had seen the headlines but hadn't followed up by reading the article. I've been down this road before: big meteor showers predicted, great viewing expected, I go outside and get bupkis! This is the first time I've actually been witness to a meteor shower and it was awesome. They moved slowly, appearing like a flight of high flying helicopters. They were very bright and outshone the moon, which according to the article said may hamper viewing - it didn't. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina









Bettina doesn't use a tripod :-)














No comments:

Post a Comment