Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Kid's Cowboy Outfits: Leather Vest Child's Size 4

I've posted this photo before of 6yr old me all dressed up as a cowboy. Back in the day kids didn't need Halloween as an excuse to dress in costumes, and many were the times I got all decked-out as a either cowboy, Union infantryman, or Army Man replete with the appropriate costume and gear. What fun! In addition, the Sears Christmas Wishbook's - as well as other major retailer catalogs - were filled with page after page of awesome boys and girls costumes. It's sad to see those times have passed. No more costumes in Sears Wishbook's because there's no more Sears. The whole mindset of fun has changed. Now the only gear kids worry about is their electronic devices and the only costumes are masks that need to be worn as mandated by paranoid, inept policy makers.


On with the story. I have a few kid's costume items or accessories in the collection - getting them as I can or when I can afford it. In the past I've posted a couple of cowboy hats but it was only until recently that I decided to flesh out the collection with clothes like this vest, replete with fringe work, metal medallions, and two pockets. There are no tags on it to reflect the manufacturer, only a '4' largely stamped on the inside back. From top to bottom it measures 12 1/2" so it's not that big. Enjoy! Opa Fritz



No comments:

Post a Comment