Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Old Photos - An Incomplete T. Cohn Fort Comanche

FOUND! Yet another folder of unedited photos were found on my computer. This time it was for an incomplete T. Cohn Fort Comanche set I sold off a few years back. Somewhere along the line I lost interest in trying to complete the set - and I already had several Old West toy forts anyway - so I sold it. Looking back I should have kept these but hey, it is what is is and at least I can look at the photos. 

One thing to note. People often refer to T. Cohn as 'Superior'. In point of fact T. Cohn never changed its name to 'Superior' - it was always 'T. Cohn'. That whole 'Superior' thing was the result of a marketing tag line: "Another Superior Toy" and people mistakenly started referring to the company as such!  Enjoy! Opa Fritz



I never did get enough walls to enclose the fort


The Fort Comanche sign is plastic and fits into holes at the top of the gate. Unfortunately, these signs are most often found broken


Is it just me or are these blockhouses cool looking?


One of the walls had three holes or ports in it, while the other had two
3-hole wall front

3-hole wall back

2-hole wall front

2-hole wall back

I blogged the photo essay for this stable back in 2013 but here's a whole 'new' set of photos taken in 2019













T. Cohn offered these rock piles in litho rock pattern and 'grass' covered options

No comments:

Post a Comment