Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Andy Gard Army Tank

Well, crap. You know, I have some Andy Gard ringhand figures, but except for the driver I haven't yet photographed any of them. Oh well.

This is the last Andy Gard vehicle I have in my collection but I've got my eye on a couple of additional pieces that I may pick-up in the coming week - maybe! Enjoy! Opa Fritz

While it looks unusual, the turret is in the correct configuration for this type of tank which is loosely based on the T-92
Courtesy: Wikipedia


The cannon barrel would have originally come with a small ring around the very front in a matching colored plastic. It's missing on my sample.
The hull measures: 7.125" (18.09cm) L x 3.5" (8.89cm) W and the tank is 3.5" (8.89cm) H to the top of the turret








Another indication that turret is in the correct position: notice the barrel holder engraved on the hull - that thing that looks like a set of prongs. That would have been lifted up, the barrel would be lowered and the barrel secured to it while the tank was in transport (as can be seen in the photo of the T-92 above.






(L) Andy Gard (R) MPC
-The Andy Gard tank is slightly shorter than the MPC
-There are two 'nubs' to the rear of both tanks which flank the tool stowage. On the Andy Gard tank those nubs are closed. They're open on the MPC tank, allowing flags to be placed there








No comments:

Post a Comment