Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Kleeware (Maybe) Mini-Army Trucks Revisited - Pt 2 Humber Type 1 (?) Radar Truck

Okay folks, I'm operating here from a near total lack of knowledge. After visiting Hugh Walter's awesome Small Scale World blog I was able to piece together that these mini-trucks are essentially based on the popular British Army Humber all-purpose truck.

These images were culled from the Internet



Here's the line-up of trucks being posted over the next few days 


If I got it right, Hugh's blog states the truck being posted here today sports a 'Type 1 Body' (his designation). 
Body types are designated in this photo
Courtesy Small Scale World Blog

After looking at Hugh's photos, this truck appears to be a Type 1 Radar as it sits lower on the truck bed than the other radar arrays. However, the truck chassis looks like it could be a Type 2? I'll need clarification. 

One of the things I forgot to do back in 2020 when I took these photos, is to snap a pic of the undersides to see what, if any, markings there were. Trying to find these toys out in The Cave will be a real bear now so we'll make do with the photos I have.














 A note on size. These trucks are small! Smaller than HO (1/87) scale or 1/72 Scale.

(L) 1/72 scale GIANT Plastics figure (R) Mini-truck

3 comments:

  1. My 'system' is not definitive of anything Ed! Indeed, looking at that image, I'd have to go and read the relevant posts to remind myself how I arrived at one or two of those, what's 5/6 when 6 is so much smaller? But a lot of it was about whether they had steel or plastic axles, solid or spoked wheels, windows open or filled etc...really just to help sort them out when they came in, in mixed lots! Kleeware and Pyro are the hard plastic ones with fuller bodies, finely-textured tyres/tires and little interchangeability.

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Hugh! Trying to sort and classify old toys that even the manufacturer's didn't bother to number is a real bear! Sooo, basically this particular truck (as well as the ones I'll be posting in the next few days) are all Kleeware knock-offs as they are soft plastic not hard plastic? Also too, I have a couple more job lots of small trucks coming in that I can photograph - and hopefully get the photography right this time!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, or Pyro, as they did them too I think, and that mould sharing was always a two-way thing, Hasbro did them too, but bigger and flatter, so probably a separate pirating exercise, direct from Dinky or Italy's Sam Toys!

      H

      Delete