Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Vintage Cardboard Greyhound Bus

I haven't featured any vintage paper here in a while but believe me, I have been working on it. Currently in the works is a ca early 1950s 39 piece paper village by Jaymar. The buildings have all been assembled and photographed but several of them will need to be rephotographed, so there is some progress. But for today let's take a look at this nifty cardboard Greyhound bus. It appears to have been a cut-out from perhaps the back of a cereal box and measures 6" (15.2cm)  L x 1 3/4" (4.4c m) H x 1 3/8" (3.5cm) W. It came to me already cut out and all the folds and creases in-place just ready to glue up which I did a couple of weeks ago. As you can tell, it has clearly yellowed and dulled with age, but I like it just the same. I glued one strip of wood on the interior of the bus just above the wheels on either side. This gives the bus a nice squared-off, even look on the sides. I'm guessing this may be from the mid-60s to perhaps the mid-70s, but that's pure guess work on my part because I have real clue as to its origins. But for now My Wife & Me Enjoy's It The Berg's Enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment