Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Processed Plastic Auto Hauler

Growing up as a kid I had a few of the Processed Plastic cars and trucks but this auto hauler is new to me. I didn't realize PP had done one of these until a short time ago and now I have a way to haul some of my cars and trucks to the dealership! One person described this as a portable parking lot hahahaha - yeah that's about right. I've seen the cabs in different colors and often times the cars are missing. I had to fill this truck up with cars from my collection. It measures 14 1/2" (36.83cm) L x 2 3/4" (6.98cm) W x  3 3/8" (8.57cm)  H to top of deck above cab, Enjoy! Opa Fritza and Oma Bettina


















Unloading action












********UPDATE MAY 19******

I saw this posted on the fb group '40s & 50s American Cars' and couldn't help but think how appropriate it was. It looks so much like the Processed Plastic toy except that our toy vesrion is in much better shape.






4 comments:

  1. That plastic hauler is so cool Ed. I love the bright coloured cars too. The Gif you've made is excellent. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Woodsy! Google photos has a fairly new feature which allows you to make your own .GIF. Just select 2-50 photos and it'll do all the hard work for you! It's pretty cool and I don't use it as much as I'd like.

      Delete
  2. Have you ever seen an old fire truck? I have one with the processed plastic stamp on the bottom but not other markings, however every picture I see on Google is more modern than the model I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some old, small fire trucks - ca1970s/'80s - which I believe are PP but all the peel-&-stick applique's are missing from them. I don't have any large plastic fire trucks though from any maker

      Delete