Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Thomas Toy Torpedo Firing Submarine

As a collector I never considered myself a 'boat guy', although in retrospect a whole bunch of ships and boats made their way into the collection anyway. That mindset has changed somewhat and I find myself being smitten by those small boats often sold as bin toys or perhaps the smaller cereal premiums and I hope to post some more before long. As for submarines I don't remember having any as a kid except for, I believe (and we're working with a faint memory here), I had an Ideal sub that used baking powder to make it lower and rise in the water. Well anywho, to make a long story longer I've sorta/kinda been wanting a sub now for several years and recently took the plunge by latching on to this beautiful little Thomas Toy affair with torpedo. I don't know if this was a part of a larger playset. It's a great piece that, with wheels on the bottom, doesn't rely on having to put in water to play with. The sub has a pivoting deck gun and measures 11 5/8" (30.16cm) L x 1 1/2" (3.81cm) W x 1 5/8" (4.12cm) H Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina























No comments:

Post a Comment