Pages

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Nellis AFB Aviation Nation Air Show 2017 - Pt 2 Opa Fritz Pics

Here's my pics from Friday 10 Nov...

...but hey, ya know what? We were able to go yesterday as well without the grandbaby in tow! We walked the entire length of the show and took pics of nearly everything out there. We got to see more flying and enjoy a sunny, warm (but not hot) day. I had one disappointment though. Earlier in the week I spilled coffee on my camera!!! aaaaaargh!  CRAP!  That caused the telephoto function not to work properly. It would stick and when I tried to zoom in, at a certain point it would just go all the way without me being able to stop it. Still, I manged to get a few good shots. In the end we got a million photos but when we got home the days walking hit me and I felt like a dragon chewed me up, spit me out, and stomped on me for good measure! :-(  Bettina and Michelle were in much better shape LOL

Anywho, here's a few pics from Aviation Nation at Nellis AFB, Friday, 10 Nov. As time permits I hope to post Saturday's pics.  Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

The pics aren't sorted here by type of airplane, rather they're posted in the order I took them as we wandered aimlessly on the flightline :-)






























We didn't see this Russian Hind helicopter fly on Friday but I got some good pics Saturday when we returned



No clue what this is. I'll have better pics in another installment








I'm droolin' :-)









One of my very best all time favorite aircraft, the P-40 Warhawk.








These vintage vehicles were our last stop Friday and Bettina was in a hurry to leave - we were all hungry anfd thirsty and needed hydration as all the water sources were gone/closed/empty by the time we left




A KETTENRAD! How cool is that? The older gentleman standing to the right is the owner and we spoke briefly. He said the kettenrad came over here to California from Czechoslovakia back in '75 and he bought it in '76. It is full operational



Hanomag! Whooppee! LOL Lordy I love this stuff


The older gentleman owns both the Kettenrad and Hanomag. He said he got the Hanomag directly from Czechoslovakia










No comments:

Post a Comment