Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Rapaport Bros. Cast Metal Buck Rogers Figure: Unknown Character 45mm

I have no clue who this character is supposed to be. The only thing that comes to mind is one of Killer Kane's lackey's or goons??? Yes? No? Maybe? He's much shorter than the other figures at only 45mm because he's hunched over. Enjoy! Opa Fritz













I don't know who he is, but he's giving Wilma Deering a hard time!

These figures look great alongside the Wyandotte presseed-steel spaceship.

5 comments:

  1. He looks a little monkey-like to me. I can't remember if there was anything like that in the serials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes he does - he reminds me of the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz. trouble is, I know practically nothing about the Buck Rogers universe and all the characters that inhabited it.

      Delete
    2. There would've been fiction, comics, serials and so on back in the day, possibly an actual movie. None of which would've felt compelled to line up their canon... So don't feel bad. Whatever you happened to remember wouldn't necessarily correspond to whatever source(s) the designers of this toy set were referencing.

      Delete
  2. Buck Rogers originated in these two stories, which I've read. Seems to have little to nothing to do with the later, more popular version. So, little alignment between sources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I not paste the link into the prev comment? Sorry, here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon_2419_A.D.

    ReplyDelete