Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Britains 54mm 1st Series Foot Knight No. 691 1971

I started buying Britains cast metal figures some years back and it didn't take long to figure out that these are probably the most beloved series of figures on the planet. My own collection started with a handful of American Civil War figures, bought because I liked the fact that I didn't have to paint them  :-)  That was followed by WWII figures and this past year has seen my Medieval armies grow. The series of photo essays to follow in the coming weeks were all started the middle of last year. As usual, I simply don't have the time to research the arms and armor presented by Britains so I just have to let the photos stand by themselves, and you dear readers can very authenticity. As for me, I just enjoy the miniatures!

I posted photos of the king show here today in one of my facebook groups and it was duly noted that any king who would lose his word was not fit to be king LOL okay, point well taken. My reply to that of course was that this king had his sword thrown from his hand in the heat of battle and picked up the next available weapon to continue the fight!! That's my story and I may or may not stick to it :-)  Since taking these photos I've been able to latch on to extra weapons for these figures and perhaps the next time some inconsistencies will be straightened out. 'Til then - Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina




























No comments:

Post a Comment