Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Processed Plastic Rescue Team Playset No. 14320

When I set up the train layout to stage a fire scene replete with several burning buildings (see our mini series: TRAIN TIME: A Bad Day In Marxville beginning on 31 May 2018) I tried to find as many 'burning' buildings as I could that would all look okay together in a cohesive scene. I already had the burning apartment building from Hasbro's "Fearless Fireman" game, the Keystone burning building and a terrific set from MPC with a hi-rise building on fire, but to make a nice square-ish city block all on fire I needed one more piece. Processed Plastic Co came through with their 'Rescue Team Playset which included a two-piece building with 'fire' peel-&-stick appliques, 2 large crates, two stop lights, two over-size fire hydrants, four piles of rubble, and 32 figures. The 70mm figures come in two colors (red and white) in six poses. The building measures 6 5/8" (16.82cm) H and the base measures 5 1/2" (13.97cm) W x 2 5/8" (6.66cm) D. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

The playset comes in a clear plastic tub



Normally I like to do single shots of any figures but I have to admit folks - I'm just plain pooped! I simply didn't want to pose them individually. Perhaps one day I'll do an update. 



Here, Auburn pieces are posed next to the Processed Plastic pieces for comparison
Left-to-right: Auburn, PP, Auburn, PP, Auburn, PP
The PP fire hydrants, while the same height as the Auburn, is way heftier and looks awkward
The Auburn figures are ~80mm vs. PP at 70mm





Here we see the PP building set-up with the others for a dramatic scene in Marxville



No comments:

Post a Comment