Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Ravensblight Ghost House - Pt 1

It's been three years since I've built and blogged Halloween buildings from Ravensblight.com but I just wanted to do another one this year (if you go to the Ravensblight website and click on the 'Toy Shop' section you'll see a lot of wonderful Halloween-themed downloads for your crafting pleasure). I've been chomping at the bit waiting for a chance to build the Ghost House and this year I figured out a way to do it. You know it's been busy here and by evening my energy is at low ebb BUT on those evenings which find me with a little reserve of energy and when the grand baby doesn't feel like playing and is in the care of her mama or Oma, I sneak out to The Cave and try to work on the build. I'm not at all sure the house will be finished for Halloween but I'll continue to post progress on it anyway. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


The house is designed to be assembled through the use of glue tabs and doesn't require any additional bracing (however I ALWAYS brace my paper models, they end up being more durable, the walls/roofs aren't as wavy, and corners tend to be more squared off). 

The first step for me was to cut out all the pieces. Using a pencil I lightly marked the reverse side of some pieces with their intended use. Some of the roof sections look similar and are close in size so they needed marking, the rest of the pieces are easy to figure out.

Here's six hours worth of just cutting out pieces!
Also, I dind't cut out the trees, I prefer to use more three-dimensional trees versus printed out paper trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment