Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

It's A Small World After All: Marx Paint-A-Village and More Marx HO Scale Buildings - Marx HO Passenger Shelter - Brown/ Green HP

I was into HO scale from 1967 to 1991 and never bothered with Marx or Lionel HO scale stuff, preferring the more 'realistic' brands of HO back then. Fast forward to the '90's when I was building my Marxville and Plateau (MaP) layout and I wanted a small passenger shelter for the trolley line on the upper level. This Marx shelter presented itself on fleaBay and was perfect for what I needed. Since then the MaP has been dismantled and this passenger shelter ended up somewhere in a box out in The Cave. I still have it, but can't find it without a major archeological expedition out there to find it. As well, I have a Marx HO scale water tower somewhere out there, both of which really need to be a part of this series. Well, okay fine, but until I can find those two pieces and photograph them properly, we'll just have to be content with what I do have. The photos below show the HO scale passenger shelter as it appeared on my trolley park on the old layout and give you an indication of its size. The O-scale figures fit underneath the roof with a little room to spare. Enjoy! Opa Fritz







No comments:

Post a Comment