Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

American Dimestore #30060 Milk Truck

I stated in yesterday's post that I had no real recollection of an ice cream truck trolling through Da Hood where I grew up but I do remember the milk truck. Even though there was a good store right across the street from us, mom still got orange juice delivered right to the door and it came by way of the milk truck. But if memory serves me right it was a Divco brand truck. I don't know what real life truck this is modeled after, if any, but the American Dimestore toy is based on the old Ideal No. I-4790 Delivery Van featured on Feb 2. The American Dimestore version is not an exact repo though as it is smaller and doesn't have operating rear doors, and the Ideal Van has a driver in the seat while the American Dimestore version only has the seat. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina









The Ideal I-4790 Delivery Van is about 1/3 larger than the American Dimnestore version
























No comments:

Post a Comment