Pages

Friday, June 16, 2023

A Plethora of O-Scale Fireman Figures

Putting together the fire scene on my train layout has been fun. It was also challenging at first trying to find suitable figures to use. I wanted to use painted figures which immediately ruled out the old Marx and K-Line figures used in their fire house sets. I really had to settle on the newer issue K-Line, RailKing, and Arttista pieces even though they all wear the more updated fire fighting uniforms  - those with large glow-in-the-dark stripes on them - which I believe became standard in the 1980s. Some early uniforms had a single stripe on the trench coat/overcoat but not in the bright neon yellow or orange that we see today. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Arttista #1314 Fireman w-Bullhorn

Only one of about five or six firemen figures offered by Arttista. All Arttista figures are cast metal.



K-Line #K-42313 Fire Fighters Figure Set 


K-Line, RailKing, and Marx figures are all made of plastic. The boys holding the boots and the fireman running with axe are from the original Marx tooling
I did not use the guy in the Hazmat suit (far right in the photo) for my fire scene - way too modern for my liking.

This set has a fireman climbing a ladder - PERFECT! Just what the doctor ordered!


RailKing #30-11060 6-Piece Figure Set Fire Scene

This set focuses on the hapless victims of a fire and not on putting the fire out


Korber(???) Kolber (???)

I want to say these cast metal figures were made by Korber or Kolber but don't quote me - I'm working from faulty memories going back over 20 years and there's no original packaging left (I think). This set of figures was bought back in 1999 for a previous layout and are shown in these photos in use on that layout. I still have the figures but never got around to photographing them by themselves. The set focuses on the fire crew at the station - sitting on a bench, talking, etc.




Honorable mention: Marx and K-Line

The Marx and K-Line (made from original Marx tooling) figures are just fine on O-gauge layouts

Marx #3781 Fire House Set


You need a cop to direct traffic away from the fire. This figure is also included in the Marx Police Station set.



Some people confuse this figure as being a fireman. Look closely. It is a little boy wearing a fireman's helmet and holding a pair of adult fireman's boots.

If the dog looks green that's because he is. I didn't have an original cream colored Marx dog but did have the set of Marx Canada figures - which are green!



K-Line #K-4091 Firehouse Set








No comments:

Post a Comment