Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2021

A New Cowboy Toy For The Collection - TootsieToy Pony Boy Pistol with Holster

While I've amassed a nice collection of Old West toys, including a couple of derringer's and a rifle (which I haven't gotten around to blogging yet) I just never got around to buying six-shooters and a holster, so last year I bit the bullet and got this rig, a double holster in good condition and one pistol. The holster is made of a thick plastic embossed avery Western-style Maple leaf and acorn motif and having a metal buckle and rivets and is in excellent shape.

I had several six-shooters as a kid but for the life of me couldn't tell you who made them so this was a good enough start for me. The pistol is a 'Pony Boy' made by TootsieToy and has black grips and no sight in the front. The nickel plating has oxidized with time but it's still an attractive piece just the same. It turns out - as I have quickly learned - that Pony Boy pistols are very common, making them quite inexpensive! Yay

Here's the problem: is the holster original to the TootsieToy pistol or were the two simply mated by the seller??? I don't know of any collector books covering Western toys like this, so the search for information goes on.

The story doesn't end here though - more to follow! Enjoy! Opa Fritz












No comments:

Post a Comment