Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

Zee Toys Mysterious Invaders UFOs #B-2948-4 (1978)

After I had bought the Blue Box Space Shuttle, I latched on to this carded Zee Toys version labeled as a UFO vs. a shuttle, and to my surprise it was exactly the same in every respect except for the name 'Zee Toys' replacing 'Blue Box' on the underside! I kept mine on the card and that's how it got photographed - a tad awkward but if it ends up getting sold then it's best staying on the card. Enjoy! Opa Fritz












Blue Box vs. Zee Toys comparisons







2 comments:

  1. Ed, you know Blue Box's parent Tai Sang bought the Zee factory (in Macau I think?) about twelve years ago, maybe a little longer, which is why their Zylmex 1:72nd tanks are now in Redbox sets . . . clearly they had worked together on other projects before . . .

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that Hugh! Good info. There must have been some collaboration for these two toys to be identical except for name.

      Delete