Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Marx Toys U.S. Cavalry Square Top Wagon (1992) - Assembled Pt 1

Like so many projects around here, I've been slow-leaking this one but the "oomph" to get a move-on finally kicked in and I got 'er done! Overall this was a decent re-make of Marx's original square top wagon. Given that it was made mostly with the same tooling it would have to be. 

Okay, to start on a positive note, there are enough pieces included to make two different versions of the wagon. All the light blue accessories make it an ambulance, while the medium gray accessories make it a work-a-day type wagon. The included dark blue driver is also nice, but...

...there is a good deal of flash which requires cleaning off. I noticed in the photos I missed a couple of spots but overall most of it got removed. For whatever reason, the people at New Marx decided to go through the trouble to make new plastic axles for this thing instead of just cutting wire stock as on the original (I ended up temporarily losing one of the axles and quickly cut a length of coat hanger so I could take photos). Since then I've located the errant axle. Enjoy! Opa Fritz        




















No comments:

Post a Comment