Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2023

MPC's LARGE Frontier Supply Wagon

Today marks a milestone: I've finally acquired at least one version of MPC's largest Old West wagon: the Frontier Supply Wagon, thus completing my mission of getting at least one example of each of MPC's wagons - more-or-less. The wagon measures 9 1/2" (24.13cm) L (without the hitch) or 13" (33.02cm) L (with the hitch) x 4 3/8" (11.11cm) W x 4 1/8" (10.47cm) H. It includes two barrels which are detachable, a rifle, and a pick axe - all of which can be attached to the wagon. The driver included in my wagon is most likely incorrect but I left him on there for the photos. For this to be a better representation of the real thing, it needs at least one or two more two-horses hitches. These were heavy wagons in real life that could carry many tons of cargo, which called for more than just two horses.

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and call this thing MPC's answer to the iconic Conestoga Wagon. I know the outline isn't exact, but my reasoning is that deliberately trying to design a toy with a pronounced bow in the floor and the odd bow shape of the tarp (or bonnet as it is properly called) just wasn't practical, so they came up with this. Hey, works for me! Enjoy! Opa Fritz



















No comments:

Post a Comment