Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Job Lot of MPC Cowboys and Indians

I like buying job lots because often times you get a whole bunch of stuff for a reasonable price and of course, I only buy lots that have items I'm interested in. This particular lot had two of MPC's colorful plastic teepees which consist of a one piece frame and a printed vinyl wrap which fits over the frame. There's a couple more horses and a butt-load of figures! MPC was good at giving you loads of rider figures but hardly any horses to go with them. There are 18 riders and only two horses so the hunt is on for more steeds. Also, in this lot there is a much greater Indian-to-Cowboy ratio which was another thing I liked about it. Enjoy! Opa Fritz





6 comments:

  1. I think I picked up a couple of those Tee-pee's not long ago Ed, so thanks for ID'ing them and I see a couple of the harder to find green figures, so nice find all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Hugh! I want to put together a small Indian encampment and have been on the lookout for these. There are repo Marx teepees available for a reasonable cost but these are nice and colorful. Also, if the green figures are harder to find, I'll have to go through my stash to see if there's any more!

      Delete
    2. I'm not saying they are, I just thought they must be because you don't see them very often? All mine are red/yellow/blue I think . . . the cowboys; redwood and fawn!

      Delete
    3. you might be on to something there Hugh. I looked in my files at all the cowboy and Indian photos I have (including pics I culled from fleaBay) and only ONE green figure is to be seen. Blue, yellow, red, brown, and a cream/tan color are the norm.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes when that happens, it turns out they were in a specific set/issue, or lent to a boardgame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that could be, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll be on the lookout for other greenies. The other possibility is that it's a well done clone

      Delete