Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Linemar Old Timer Collection - Pt 1

I was fortunate enough to pick up this set of six tin-litho vehicles made by Marx's Japanese subsidiary Linemar, in the late 1950s. Old Timer or antique autos were quite popular in the late '50s early '60s and I've featured a couple here on the blog recently. What intrigued me about this set was that first, I had never noticed most of these Linemar vehicles before and secondly, they're just the right size to use with  a Marx Untouchables playset display. As a matter of fact, the Cadillac included in this set is the same one included in the Marx Untouchables playset. The vehicles themselves would be of the appropriate vintage to include in a late 1920's / early 1930s era display. The six vehicles included in the set are:

- Cadillac
- Antique Truck
- Station Wagon
- Antique Car
- Limousine
- Delivery Truck

We'll get the ball rolling by showing the box with contents first and then present each vehicle individually in upcoming installments. My box is a little rough but I'm still glad to be able to have it. Enjoy!