Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bandai #91881 Godzilla 1954

With the new Godzilla movie having hit theaters this weekend I thought it would be nice to post one of the latest Ban-Dai offerings, the #91881 Godzilla 1954 tribute figure.Ban-Dai has released a series of Godzilla related figures but this guy, the 1954 version, is the best - cuz it was the first, the birth of a legend as it were. I have to admit that I'm not a real big movie-goer. Some years I never see any movie in the theater, preferring instead to wait until it hits the small screen. I did however see King Kong vs. Godzilla in one of the neighborhood theaters back in the '60s when it cam out. It's funny but my very first job was working in a theater in downtown Milwaukee - ended up staying there nearly seven years!

Anywho, back to the toy. Ban-Dai's Godzilla is multi-articulated and decently poseable. Godzi measures 5 3/4" (14.6cm) H x 7" (17.8cm) L and should fit in nicely with other 6" monster action figures. Well, because this is primarily a photo-blog and I've got a ton of stuff to do today, I leave you with the following photos and hope you - Enjoy !  Bettina & Fritz Berg :)


















"I almost had him. He was THIS big!"









Godzi's "I am pissed" look








No comments:

Post a Comment