Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

New American Civil War Diorama / Display Base Pt 9 - A Little Road Work

I haven't done much with the Civil War display base but did manage to fill the mis-placed crater I talked about last week, sand down the filler, then lay on some ground cover. The road material kind of goes outside the bounds of the road but a few sprinkles of scenery 'grass' will remedy that - ain't no biggie. I also installed door bumpers underneath the display to set it up from the surface about an inch. I was going to put ready-made furniture feet underneath but the smalles I could find was 4" H and that was just too much. The last steps (whenever I get around to them) will be to frame the edges and make a backdrop. Until then, as always, Enjoy!


The road is a tad wide but the crater is now covered.


These are rubber bumpers designed to keep doors from slamming into the wall. I'm using them as 'feet' for the display.


No comments:

Post a Comment