Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Ed' Travelougue AND TRAIN TIME: National Railway Museum, Green Bay, Wisconsin July 1978 - Pt 1

This was one of those places I really wished I had a chance to go back to, but alas that was not to be. I'm glad to have been able to visit it once though and I must say I enjoyed the visit thoroughly. I was still into HO scale railroading but at this point had only the beginnings of a layout in my Milwaukee attic. Then I joined the military and two months later the rudimentary layout had to be dismantled. I'm going to do this trip in two separate posts. Part one is both the brochures/post cards and roll of film one. Part two will be roll of film two. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Let's start with some of the brochure material (which I had cut up many years ago - pre-scanner age - to make a nice fancy photo album) and post cards














Okay, let's move on to the photos




















The Rock Island Aerotrain










Fortunately Milwauke Road #261 was sold to another interest and restored and today is a beautiful looking and running locomotive.






No comments:

Post a Comment