Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Vintage Dino Profiles: Marx Stegosaurus

The herbivorous Stegosaurus (meaning: roof lizard) lived during the Middle Jurassic some 155-145mil years ago and would have been contmporary with the likes of Apatosaurus, Diplodocus, Brachiosaurus, Allosaurus, and Ceratosaurus (the latter two may have preyed on it). Fossils have been found in Colorado and Portugal.

Marx's version was one of my favorites as a kid and I still like them. There's a lot going on with this guy with those plates on the back ridge and the spikes on the tail and it looks mennacing for an herbivore. The Marx toy measures 4" (10.16cm) L x 1 3/4" (4.44cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz



























2 comments:

  1. Recon this is one of the most copied of all Marx's designs Ed, even today, the altyrnate off-set plates and flatish, 'gator head are the giveaways!

    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, as I haven't paid much attention to my dino toys until just recently I can't say one way or the other Hugh. As I plow through my collectionm I'll have to see what other Steggies I have and do some comparison shots.

    ReplyDelete