Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: Honor Guard and Parades Feb-May 1979

One of my buddies in the ssquadron was a member of the George AFB Honor Guard but didn't have a car of his own, so for a few months in 1979 I would drive him to parades in which the Honor Guard was participating which gave me a chance to travel and see a bit more. here's some pics of the team and the various parades I saw. As usual, I had to ration my photos because back in the day, if you recall, film and prcocessing could end up costing a pretty penny so at times I would only have one or two rolls of film to shoot for any given event. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Winter Carnival Parade, Wrightwood, CA  - February 1979

brrrr I get cold just looking at these pictures

How I did panoram shots back in the day
























Orange Show Parade, Orange, CA - February 1979

I must've been really low on film because nearly every photo of this event was of the Honor Guard and little of the parade. After each event I would show the photos to the Honor Guard members and make extra copies to give to them

Some pre-parade practice









Little League Exhibition, Victorville, CA - April 1979















Armed Forces Day Parade, Torrance, CA - May 1979

This was the last parade I went to with the Honor Guard. Shortly after this my buddy had bought a car and didn't need me to drive him to events any more. 

This time around I had plenty of film so I ended up getting quite a few shots

pre-parade practice

















































2 comments:

  1. Pricer did an honor guard in HO and Merten did them in 40 and 60mm, but sadly not Air Force, so you'd have to repaint most . . . so you might as well use cheaper figures!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Preiser HO scale Marine Band but I'm no longer into HO so it's just sitting here. I could have sworn they did a circus band as well. For my Little Green Army Men there's no shortage of marching figures but relatively little by way of drummers and brass players except for the lone drummer boy and bugle player for ACW

      Delete