Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Alamo: BMC Alamo Playset No. 4001 - 1994

185 years ago yesterday, the Misión San Antonio de Valero in San Antonio de Béxar, what is commonly referred to as The Alamo, fell to Mexican forces under the command of General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna after a three day siege. Santa Anna had considered it a minor engagement, but succeeding battles and the events that followed had major repercussions, not the least of which was Texas separating from Mexico and becoming a Republic and later part of the United States.

Some days ago I stated I was looking for the next series to start writing about here on Toys and Stuff, and now I think I've found it. The Alamo, like dinosuars, was one of those facets of history which always fascinated me and for which I had been buying toys, but never really did anything about it blog-wise. The pictures shown here were first blogged back in 2015 and are of BMC's now iconic Alamo playset. I had sold this set off some years back in favor of acquiring loose BMC pieces and header bags of BMC Alamo figures. HOWEVER, I recently re-purchased this set (at a very reasonable price) and am now waiting for it to be delivered. In the meantime I have been setting up and photographing some other Alamo toys that I can share on the blog. Until then - Enjoy! Opa Fritz







No comments:

Post a Comment